8/22/2012

Vintage Scalloped Lace

 
Remember this dress? So all I did was cut the netting off around the edges of the scalloped lace to shorten it (took forever), and then hemmed the lining underneath. I had to cut out the tulle underneath because it was getting too old and didn't lay properly. I really tried to save the tulle!!
 I'm so glad I didn't have to cut the sleeves off or mess with the neckline or bodice, I thought it was just perfect as is!
 I also took the bow off the waist and had to belt it because the waist doesn't fit me properly.
 I tried it without the belt, and it just bunches up in an unflattering way.
 Maybe this picture gives a better picture of why it needed the belt.

 If I stand up real tall and stretch my torso out, then it looks ok without the belt, but I prefer anchoring the sweetness of the dress with the belt.
So what do you think? Is this vintage dress modern enough to pull off for a wedding or other special event? Or even church on Sunday? 

4 comments:

  1. You are so great at reviving old garments and making them modern! This turned out just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with the green dress.

    P.s I've been following you for quiet a while, but was too shy to comment :))) But when I saw this beauty I just couldn't keep quiet any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'new' dress is just lovely. Great work! I would have looked at the original dress and thought 'urgh' but you had such vision and really pulled it off. Perfect for a wedding! And it looks great with the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its perfect and beautiful. The belt gives it the finishing touch. I'm very happy to see you worked on it so quickly after the initial post. I'm a bit jealous of your find!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa