4/22/2014

My Vintage Easter Dress




A couple of years ago I found the dress below at Goodwill. I loved the lace and the icy blue color and just knew I'd be able to make it wearable. Underneath the dress was crinoline that was starting to rot, so that was the first thing I took off. Then all I did was hem the dress, cut the lace to match the hem and pull the bow off. It looked like this. I never ended up wearing it, though. 


I finally decided I had to get at least one wear out of this dress before lace goes out of fashion. I added in a few more darts at the waist and it was good to go.


This dress also just so happened to match what the rest of my family was wearing for Easter Sunday, so it was perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did to this dress! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa