7/07/2014

Florida Vacation

Sorry for my two week absence! We have been away in Florida for the past two weeks on vacation.

Here's a picture recap of all of our adventures. . . 

It took us two days to drive down. The kids watched movies, played video games on laptops and phones, and I bought little Dollar Store toys that I wrapped for them to open each hour of the trip.


This little toot got to enjoy her first waffle fry at a Chick-Fil-A outside of Atlanta. She is definitely a fan. 


Entering the park to get to our resort was so exciting for the kids - it was like stepping into a whole new world!


The Pop Century Resort was really great. Everything was geared towards entertaining families, and there was something new to do and see around every corner.


There was a lake behind our resort, with some really pretty walking trails. As long as you got out there in the morning, the heat was bearable. 


There were sculptures and statues all over the resort. The kids thought they were there just for them to climb.


The wedding at the Beach Club Resort was really beautiful. I wore this eShakti dress, and my girls wore the same Children's Place dresses they wore for my brother's wedding. 


We got to meet Mickey and Minnie at the wedding reception!


After the morning wedding and lunch reception, we all went back to our resort for naps and then changed into more casual clothes for the walk with the wedding party to Epcot for wedding dessert and fireworks. I wore a high/low dress I got at Target for $8.


The wedding party and guests got a special roped off area right on the water to view the fireworks and enjoy dessert. The children were in awe! After fireworks we walked all around Epcot.


The next day we spent at Magic Kingdom with my sister and her kids.


We made it to several rides with Chris navigating us through the park with the MyDisney app. We were here four years ago for a longer period of time, but with the MyDisney app, we covered way more this time around.


After Magic Kingdom, we drove down to Naples where I have three siblings and their families. We rented a large house with my husband's family. Most of our days were spent at the beach.


I went on a shopping trip one day, the boys chartered a boat to go fishing the netx day, we laid around at the pool another day, and headed out to see the Everglades for another day.


The alligators at the Everglades were probably the most fun of that trip!


After the Everglades trip we spent the afternoon and evening at my sister's just goofing off. 


The Fourth of July was spent at the beach from the morning until night. We took a short nap break in the afternoon, but other than that, we were soaking up the sun and beauty of the beach.


My red, white, and blue was pretty simple. White t-shirt, red bandana, and blue jean shorts.


The beach fireworks were fantastic!


Our drive home went really well. I didn't have wrapped gifts for every hour, but Chris bought The Lego Movie as a treat, and I think the kids watched it three times.

We're home now with lots of chores and regular life to catch up on. Hopefully I'll get some regular posts up on the blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa