10/02/2015

Around These Parts . . .

-I feel like after each baby postpartum issues get harder and harder. I had such an easy pregnancy and delivery, but I still feel so sluggish even with a baby sleeping through the night. Not to mention my body is doing some weird things I'm not used to. My doctors say I'm fine and this is just going to be my new normal. Ugh.

-I've been trying to workout these days, and have even tried to shop for some cute activewear (like these from Reitmans) to get me motived, but this video pretty much sums up my efforts:



-Homeschool is going great. We've done lots of science experiments, crafts, art projects, field trips, and CJ is taking violin and piano lessons this year. This is us goofing off during school in our school room, because my red lipstick was more important to show you than that cool light hut for plants that we made for science class.


-I'm addicted to caffeine to keep me going these days. Loving my coffee. Social media tells me that I'm not cool unless I'm a coffee addict and that it's really important to express my love for coffee at all times. Mission accomplished.

-We listed our house for sale again a couple of weeks ago, and I have mixed feelings about it. The other day I went around taking photos of all the little details in my home that I'm loving right now--like my mantle. If the house sells, I will need to pour over these photos while I cry and drink my oh so cool coffee.


-Last weekend we celebrated Chris's Birthday with his parents and mine at Art Prize in Grand Rapids. My brother (who wants to go to culinary school), made a beautiful birthday cake, too! Oh, and Art Prize was awesome!


-Law school is going fine, I can't believe I only have two more months and then I'll be starting up my last year!

-Cassi joined the pre-K gymnastics team in town. She's becoming quite the little tumbler (she's the one in blue and green).



-Listing the house called for several house projects. Lots of painting, particularly. You saw the bathroom remodel, and we finally painted the stairwell/hallway. I know, not a particularly exciting remodel to you all, but it made a huge difference for us.



-Lastly, this little cutie will be two in a few weeks. My baby is not so baby anymore!




3 comments:

  1. Why are you selling your house and where are you moving too? I am in Australia, where property prices are insane. Houses like yours in our large cities like Melbourne or Sydney fetch over a million dollars. You could not buy anything in this country for $129K. My 60 year old house in the suburbs of Melbourne (15 kms from the CBD) is worth $1.1 million. It is crazy business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marnie! Sometimes I ask myself the same question (why we're selling), but we're selling because around here you can buy foreclosures that are livable (although ugly and outdated) for $50K! We'd like to buy a house cash so we can start investing the rest of our income that we could only afford to do if we sold this house. On top of that, we learned just yesterday that the company my husband works for had to make huge budget cuts, which means he will get a substantial pay cut. Getting rid of our mortgage would make this pay cut more doable. We used to live out East in Maryland near Washington, D.C. You can't buy anything out there for $129, although you could buy something decent for $400-500K. I can't imagine living in Australia with those kinds of prices!

      Delete
    2. It makes great sense that you buy a cheaper house. Yes it is super expensive to live in my part of the world, but I have traveled through places like Europe, the US, some of Asia and New Zealand, and I wouldn't live anywhere else. Mind you, most Australians are going to have mortgages for their entires lives. If you can knock yours over while you are so young, you are really setting yourselves up for an easy life. Good luck.

      Delete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa