12/20/2015

Christmastime

Five days till Christmas, but who's counting? It's our last Christmas here in this old house. It will be a special time. We have most of the boxes organized now and we've left all of our Christmas decorations up to keep things looking homey until the move. 

I made it through finals week. I was anxious and stressed, but God got me through and my family was very supportive. Now I have two weeks off to finish packing, enjoy the holidays, my family, and gear up for my last year of law school. It feels really good to be done, and I can't help but be proud of myself for having made it through this year with my sanity intact. 

Unfortunately, we are one by one catching different variations of the stomach bug--annoying--but we've learned that this happens to us every year at Christmas time and we just have to go with the flow (no pun intended). I'm the latest one down - missing out on our big Ohio family Christmas party (this makes two years in a row for me ). Maybe this is God's way of making me get some much needed rest. 

This morning we were all well, though, and we got our Christmas family photo taken. Dare I say these photos turned out better than the ones we took for our Christmas cards (where Cecily would not look at the camera in any shot we took). And aren't the girls adorable in their little Christmas dresses, and CJ in his jacket and tie?! I die! Love these little people to the moon and back. 










Merry Christmas to you and yours. May you take a moment to reflect on the season, remembering that Jesus came to save us - we are and will be because of Him. It is truly a magical and wonderful time of year, and I pray that we will each savor the moments we have to praise and worship the gift God gave us of His Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa