8/25/2016

First Day of School

This post comes to you in the midst of calm. There is definitely adventure on the horizon with an accepted offer on a house (we bought a foreclosed farmhouse on five acres...more on that later), but for the past two weeks, everything has slowed way down and I feel like I can breathe again. A welcome change after the crunch of the past couple of months. In the past two weeks no one has gotten sick, I had no looming exams, no trips, nothing but a bit of a tornado scare last night. This is the perfect way to start a new school year. Refreshed, at ease, and ready to tackle what lies ahead.

My kids could not wait to start school. I had planned on starting late but since they begged, we had a practice run yesterday, and our first official day started today. CJ started 4th grade and Cassi started kindergarten. They both couldn't be more excited.





I can honestly say I still love homeschooling and all that comes with it. Getting to stay at home with my children to not only take care of them, but also teach them--making sure these two get one-on-one instruction from someone who cares more about them than anyone else possibly could, is a privilege I don't take lightly. We started our school year as we will do every school day after--with lots of prayers. We know there will be a lot of bumps along the road, but being together and working through those bumps will be the even greater lessons than our actual academic work.

Here's to school year 2016-2017--God bless!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great year!! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new place. Sounds like such an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! And you too! I'll be posting updates about the house soon - but so far it's slow going. :-)

      Delete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa